The following Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) of sale shall apply to all orders for granite stone(s) to be inscribed with your message and laid at Strawberry Lane with Inscriptions.
Why you should read these Terms. Please read these Terms carefully before You submit Your Order to Us. These Terms will form part of the contract for Your Order and tell You who We are, how We will provide the Service to You, how You and We may change or end the contract for Your Order, what to do it there is a problem and other important information. If You think there is a mistake in these Terms, please contact Us to discuss.
Who “We” are: We are The Salvation Army Trustee Company (registered company number 00259322) acting in its capacity of The Salvation Army Social Work Trust, registered charity number 215174 (England & Wales) and SC03769 (Scotland) whose registered address is at 101 Newington Causeway, London, SE1 6BN and “We”, “Us”, “Our” and “Ours” will be construed accordingly. Our registered VAT number is GB144042057.
1. The following words used in these Terms shall have the following meanings:
- “cooling off period” – your right to change your mind about the Service as described in clause 8 below;
- “Inscription” means Your personalised message inserted in the box on the Order Form, which We will engrave or inscribe onto a Stone using such methods as We choose from time to time and as part of the Service;
- “Order” means Your order on an Order Form for an Inscription for the Service, and which Order is subject to these Terms;
- “Order Form” means the detail inserted by You on Our website order page whereby you specify the details of your personalised Inscription;
- “Price” means the price for the Service as displayed on our Strawberry Field website or as notified by Us inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate from time to time;
- “Service” means the engraving by Us of Your Inscription on a Stone and then the installation of that Stone by Us at Strawberry Lane;
- “Stone(s)” means the granite stone or other stone or material obtained by Us that will or has been (as applicable) personalised with Your Inscription as inserted in the box on the Order Page and which will be used in the construction of Strawberry Lane;
- Strawberry Lane” means the installation forming Strawberry Lane at Our Strawberry Field site, and as that lane appears from time to time in its various states of construction or on completion;
- “You” means a person who will purchase or has purchased an Inscription from Us and “Your” will be construed accordingly.
2. Each Order is subject to acceptance by Us, and each Order is subject to these Terms. We reserve the right to refuse to process an Order for any reason at any time.
3. All Orders are subject to availability of Stones and workmanship.
Our Contract with You
4. Our acceptance of your Order will take place when We email you]to accept it, at which point a contract will be formed of your Order and these Terms will come in to existence between You and Us.
5. If We cannot accept your Order, we will inform you of this via email and We will not charge you for the Service. This might be for various reasons, for example because the relevant materials are out of stock or unavailable, or because of unexpected limits on Our resources, or because We have identified an error in the Price or description of the Service, or because We have been unable to obtain authorisation for Your payment, or because We consider the Inscription or any part of it to be unlawful, incompatible with the Salvation Army principles, inappropriate or likely to cause insult, embarrassment or offence to any individual, group or organisation. Should We have taken payment of the Price prior to non-acceptance of Your Order then We will refund you, but please note that it can take up to 30 working days for the bank to transfer funds back to You.
6. Once an Order is accepted by Us, it is anticipated that it will take 4-6 weeks for the Service to be complete. This timescale may be shorter or longer, depending on circumstances.
7. Once installed as part of Strawberry Lane, Stones cannot be removed, unless We consider it necessary and in accordance with these Terms as it will incur a cost to us.
If you change your mind or wish to make changes
8. You may change Your mind about proceeding with this Service within 14 days of placing Your Order (“the cooling off period”). If so please contact Us (by one of the methods below) and we will refund You the Price paid by the method You used for payment within 30 days of receiving Your notification.
9. You are responsible for ensuring the details of your Inscription as specified on the Order Form are correct at the time of placing Your Order. If You wish to make a change to Your Inscription, please contact Us within 14 days of placing Your Order. Any requests to do so outside of this timescale are not guaranteed.
10. If after 14 days of placing Your Order you wish to cancel or amend your Order and we have not started engraving Your Inscription onto a Stone, refunds or changes (as applicable) will be considered on a case by case basis. Once we begin transferring the Inscription to a Stone, we regret that we cannot provide any refunds or make any changes.
11. Once a Stone is installed at Strawberry Lane, We reserve the right to remove and destroy the Stone with Your Inscription from Strawberry Lane if We feel it may impact Our reputation and/or goodwill or as described below. In such case, no refunds will be available, but we may refund part of the Price to You in our discretion and depending on what remains after deducting our costs for removal and destruction of the Stone.
Price and Payment
12. The Price of the Service will be the Price indicated on the Order Form when You place Your Order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the Price of the Service advertised to You is correct. However, please see below for what happens if We discover an error in the pricing of the Service.
13. It is possible that, despite Our best efforts, the Price of the Service may be incorrectly advertised. We normally check Prices before accepting Your Order so that where the correct Price of the Service at Your order date is less than the Price stated to You at Your order date, We will charge the lower amount.
14. If the correct Price of the Service at Your Order date is higher than the Price stated to You, We will contact You for Your instructions before We accept Your Order. If We accept and process Your Order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by You as mispricing, We may end the contract and refund You any sums You have paid.
15. All prices are quoted in pounds sterling and unless stated otherwise include VAT at the applicable rate from time to time.
16. You must pay the Price in advance of the Service. We only accept payment via credit and/or debit cards including Amex, JCB, Diners Club Visa, Maestro and Mastercard.
Cheques or cash payments are not acceptable.
Description of Service
17. The colour and size of each Stone may vary. Also the font, colour and size of text for the Inscription may vary.
18. An Inscription cannot exceed 30 characters (including punctuation and spaces). We will not be able to accept Orders where the Inscription does not comply with our instructions, these Terms or the Order Form.
19. All messages will be checked by Us. Where we deem an inscription or any part of it to be unlawful, incompatible with the Salvation Army principles, inappropriate or likely to cause insult, embarrassment or offence to any individual, group or organisation, We reserve the right to refuse to process Your Order or to cancel Your Order and in such case we will aim to refund the Price paid by You within 30 days of our decision.
20. If after installation of a Stone at Strawberry Lane, We receive any complaint about Your Inscription, We reserve the right in Our sole discretion to remove and destroy the Stone. In such case, We may, in our discretion, refund to You the Price paid for the Service after we have deducted our costs for the removal and destruction of the Stone. You agree that you will not claim any losses, damages or costs against Us as a result.
21. Strawberry Lane may comprise engraved and plain stones and We cannot guarantee how long Your Inscription will remain installed at Strawberry Field. We reserve the right to remove Strawberry Lane at any time.
22. Specific locations at Strawberry Lane cannot be reserved for the Stone engraved with Your Inscription and we will place each Stone at our discretion.
23. Ownership of Stones engraved as part of the Service will remain with Us at all times. We shall determine the specific location of each Stone at Strawberry Lane. We reserve the right to remove or relocate (at any time) a Stone or Strawberry Lane.
24. No business Use - We only supply the Inscriptions for private use and we cannot accept Inscriptions for business, commercial purposes or to advertise a business or organisation.
25. In the event that We agree to pay a refund, we aim to complete the refund within 30 working days of cancellation. Refunds will be made in the same form as the original payment.
26. We are responsible to You for foreseeable loss and damage caused by Us. If We fail to comply with these Terms, We are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of Our breaking this contract or Our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both We and You knew it might happen.
27. We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
28.Nobody else has any rights under these Terms. This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms.
29. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect
30. Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service in either Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
How to tell us if you’ve change your Mind / Queries or Complaints / Feedback
If you have any questions or complaints about the Service or the Stone, or wish to cancel or amend the contract within the 14 day cooling off period, please contact Us by telephoning +44 1512526130 or by emailing Us at email@example.com or writing to us at Strawberry Field, Beaconsfield Rd, Woolton, Liverpool L25 6EJ.